Bellingham Youth Soccer upholds the highest standards for participant safety by ensuring all adults engaged in Bellingham Youth Soccer’s programs comply with the most rigorous standards for background checks and abuse training.
All participating adults (persons age 18 and older) must complete an Annual Mass Youth Soccer Adult Registration and possess an Adult Credential
Every adult member of all organizations affiliated with Massachusetts Youth Soccer must complete the following Registration Requirements.
- Complete a Mass Youth Soccer Online Adult Registration.
- Be CORI Approved.
- National Background Check (NBGC) Approved (NBGC includes the State and National Sex Offender Registry Searches).
- Completing the Mass Youth Soccer Adult Registration is inclusive of adding the information needed and submission of both the CORI and National background checks.
Adults will have one Risk Status and Risk Expire Date visible in their registration account; this is the combination of the review of both the CORI and National background check reports.
- Completed the SafeSport Abuse Prevention Training and be checked as verified/approved. Policy information and how to complete this training are found in the "SafeSport Abuse Prevention Training Help Guide".
- Complete the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Concussion Training and be checked as verified/approved. Policy and how to complete this training are found in the "Concussion Training Help Guide". IMPORTANT instructions for this training has changed since last year; please check the help guide.
If you have not previously done so (CORI Verification is a one-time event unless you change your name), you are required to print your CORI Acknowledgement Form and contact your local organizations Risk Manager. The Risk Manager must verify the information on that form against a government issued photo ID and mark you as CORI Verified in the registration system. This is a Commonwealth of Mass Law.
If your organization has already marked you as CORI Verified no action is needed unless as noted above, you have changed your name.
As a participating adult, you are also required to review the Risk Management Policies listed below.
- Athlete and Participant Safety Policies, known as "MA SAFE SOCCER"; this includes Abuse Prevention mandatory reporting information.
- New: Return to Soccer Activities Guidelines.
- Weather Policy
- Goal Safety
- US Soccer Recognize to Recover
Prior to completing your online adult registration, confirm with the organization you would like to participate with that your services are needed for this registration year.
Please use the provided URL to review the Commonwealth of Mass CORI Policy Information: https://www.mayouthsoccer.org/programs/cori/
IMPORTANT: If you were registered as an Adult with Mass Youth Soccer in 2019/20 you will have information that has been migrated to the new registration system.
- The links to both complete your Mass Youth Soccer Adult Registration and to log back into your completed registration account are located at the bottom of this web page.
- If you cannot complete your Adult Registration due to duplicate accounts, call the U.S. Soccer Connect Help Line at (855) 703-2558. U.S. Soccer Connect will update your account information, which will allow you to complete the Adult Registration process.
MASS YOUTH SOCCER ADULT REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Never registered with Mass Youth Soccer Assoc., you are required to do so to volunteer/coach for any Mass Youth Soccer Assoc. affiliated organization. Please use the U.S. Soccer Connect Adult Registration Portal link below and create a new account to complete your adult registration.
- You will be required to upload a head shot photo during the Adult Registration process.
- Please make sure to have a photo available on the system (computer, phone, tablet, pad) you are using to register.
- Please use your full legal first and last name (no shortened version) when completing your adult registration. This is especially important for processing both your CORI and National background check.
- You will be submitting and agreeing to both background checks listed above.
- Make sure to use the same first and last name, and email address to complete your adult registration and to set up your Safe Sport and Centers for Disease Control training course accounts.
- Please double check when choosing your organization(s) for your Adult/CORI Registration.
- Please make note of your Username and Password as they are needed to access your account.
- Please print the CORI Acknowledgement form to bring to your organization’s Risk Manager along with a government photo ID.
- If you are having difficulties call the U.S. Soccer Connect Helpline at (800) 808-7195 or (855) 703-2558 for assistance.
- Returning Users - Previously registered adults will register for the current registration year as a Returning User via the U.S. Soccer Connect Adult Registration Portal link below. NOTE: This is also the only way to add another organization to your adult registration.
- All registration directions that must be followed can be found on the landing page of the US Soccer Connect Adult Registration Portal.
To complete your Adult Registration click the following link: U.S. Soccer Connect Adult Registration Portal.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have completed your Adult Registration, you should use the U.S. Soccer Connect Login Portal to find training links and review registration information.